The 18-year-old, named in reports as Gabby Scanlan, began feeling breathless after consuming the drink during a night out with friends in Lancaster City Centre on Thursday.
She then developed severe stomach pain and was taken to Lancaster Royal Infirmary at about 11pm.
Medics diagnosed the girl with a perforated stomach and were forced to perform emergency surgery to remove the organ, Lancashire Police said.
The girl, from Heysham, remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition, the force added.
Officers have launched an investigation into the incident.
A number of witnesses at the night spot where the drink was brought are being interviewed by police and the licensed premises has stopped selling drinks containing the chemical" - Sky News